In un-paper-related news, I’ve decided I need to get back on the “Recipe ‘o’ the Week” train, effective immediately! Bear in mind that this in no way constitutes a commitment on my part to releasing a recipe on a weekly basis. That might have been the idea at one point, but now, I just like the way it sounds.
This one is dedicated to my cousin Kendra, off eating caf food at King’s College in Halifax this year. I will make you real food one day again soon, Kendra!
Vegeterian Sloppy Joes
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion, Chopped
- 2 Carrots, Halved & Sliced
- 1 Zucchini, Finely Diced
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Basil
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 c. Canned tomato puree (I used pasta sauce)
- 1/2 c. Barbecue Sauce
- 15 oz. Can Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. Cider Vinegar
- 4 Burger Rolls
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion and carrots, cook until soft. (5 minutes.)
- Add zucchini, spices and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, around 6 minutes.
- Stir in tomato pureee, BBQ sauce, beans, and vinegar. Reduce heat, simmer and cook until thick. (5 minutes.)
- Spoon onto rolls and serve!