I just got the schedule yesterday for the WedByHand workshop I will be teaching on February 11th! My workshop on Do-It-Yourself Wedding Stationery is at 1PM on Saturday February 11th, at the Glebe Community Centre. The workshop is part of the indie wedding show that I am taking part in, called WedByHand. The show costs $10 to get into, but the workshops are free, free, free!
I will be covering a lot of ground in 45 minutes, since there are so many ways to approach doing your own invites! Here is a summary of what we’ll be learning:
- Starting from scratch – designing and printing your own cards
- Picking the right paper stock and envelopes
- Sources for paper and envelopes (local and online)
- Scoring and trimming techniques
- Buying a customized design and printing at home
- Printing online or at a printshop
You can expect to go away with the knowledge to DIY your invites! Basically I will be giving away all of my secrets. Oh well. Something tells me I will still stay busy.
So, if you’re planning on undertaking a stationery project in the next while, I hope you can be there! They gave me the big room. The pressure is on… pressure makes diamonds, you know! Ok, back to work. Seacrest out!